BIG news

Go down

BIG news

Post by schnautzr on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Per a recent executive discussion, we're in the process of globalizing this website in an attempt to bring dino-lovers, fossil-hunters, and paleobiologists around the world together for better-enriched discussions. Our goal is to become a centralized discussion forum for prehistory and still maintain the Lords of the Past forums at the same time.

What this means for Lords of the Past members:
Don't worry; the Lords of the Past discussion boards here are here to stay. However, only confirmed Lords of the Past members will have access to the LotP-related boards here (if you log out, you can see that these boards are only displayed to members). We've gone ahead and added all current members to the LotP usergroup. Future LotP members will need to apply for the access to these boards, but that is a one-time deal.

Our URL (bonebed.forumotion.net) will most likely be changing soon. Remember, though, you can always access us via the link lotp.tk -- I'll be sure and post in the Sporum what our new URL is once we decide.

Dino589 is still the moderator for the LotP-related boards here, and both Dino and I will continue to be the administrators of the website.

Any questions, post 'em here. Smile
schnautzr
Admin

Authority : paleobiology enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BIG news

Post by schnautzr on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:38 pm

As the site relocation approaches, I'm letting y'all know in advance we've chosen the following URL:

bonebed.forumotion.net

We'll be sure and let everyone know when the move occurs; we're waiting on a couple things to happen before then, including the finalization of the new banner (the concept art contest is still accepting entries since Hermes requested an extension).
schnautzr
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by schnautzr on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:53 am

Dino and I have been talking and decided that we're not quite ready to go global yet. We'll need to maintain a more active forum before we can sustain a large community.

Next week we'll be moving to the new location bonebed.forumotion.net because the current website does not load as desired on all computers (several legitimate browsing locations, such as universities, have "gaming" sites blocked, and "simplygaming.org" counts as "gaming").

If you use lotp.tk/ to get here, you shouldn't have any problems at all finding us, as that address will continue to work.

Nothing on the forum should be adversely affected. All posts/post counts should stay the same.
schnautzr
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillamaster55 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:24 am

Bonebed.forumotion does not exist...
Zillamaster55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:16 am

Zillamaster55 wrote:Bonebed.forumotion does not exist...
Because it hasn't switched URLs yet. Its still operating under bonebed.forumotion.net. Bonebed.forumotion will work once the site gets moved, and so this will no longer work.

Dino589
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by schnautzr on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:58 am

I'll be sure and post in the Sporum when it moves so that you aren't caught off guard.
schnautzr
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down