Museums

Go down

Museums

Post by Therizinosaur on Wed May 26, 2010 9:37 am

Here you can talk about the museums you call home, or the ones you've always wanted to see.

As for me, I live very close to the Field Museum and get to go regularly. Now why did I post this? Because The Friggin' Best Exhibit I've Seen In My Life Is Coming To The Field! Some dino news places may have mentioned it's Sue's 10th anniversary at the Field, and she's become a landmark; attracting over 16 million visitors. So, the museum is throwing a huge party for it. They've got the Kokoro dinosaur animatronics there (Examples Here) and a 3D movie just on Sue. I'm not sure how long it will be here, but I'm psyched! It opens tomorrow! (Of course I'll be going way later) If none of you guys can catch it, I'll be happy to post pics.
Therizinosaur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Museums

Post by Dino589 on Wed May 26, 2010 9:52 am

DUDE!

Thats friggin' sweet! I wish I could go!
Sue's 10th anniversary is cool, 3D movie on Sue is also cool, and then the Kokoro dudes are probably the best dinosaur animatronic makers ever...
Damn, wish I could go.

Dude, you totally need to take pics and post them here!

Closest museum around here is the Royal Ontario museum all the way in Toronto. Not too much thats exciting going on though. Although they are setting up an interesting thing about dino eggs currently...

Dino589
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Therizinosaur on Wed May 26, 2010 1:35 pm

Yeah, I looked it up and quite frankly there is nothing going on. I wouldn't go there. Laughing If you want though, I have pics from the Mammoths & Mastodons exhibit I could post in a couple days.
Therizinosaur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 on Wed May 26, 2010 10:41 pm

Yeah I know. Though they are still nicely preserved from what I've seen. I'll probably be going to see it though, since I'll be dropping by Toronto in a month or two anyway.

Mammoths and Mastodons? I should have known. : P Sure, I certainly wouldn't mind taking a look.

Dino589
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino90210 on Sat May 29, 2010 2:48 pm

Ooooo, I heard about this! I also live very close('bout an hour away) so I'll be able to go too. I might post pics also.

Dino90210

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Chances are I'll be in the US over the summer, likely Boston, which means the Boston Museum of Nature and Science or whatever its called. Although I have been discussing with my parents as well and there is a decent chance I'll be going to either the American Museum of Natural History or the Carnegie Museum of Natural History...

Dino589
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thobe on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:15 pm

you aren't in the US, where are you then?

NVm, you are in Canada.

DC has cool natural history too.
Thobe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Therizinosaur on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:23 pm

I've heard the American Museum of Natural History is a very cool place. I thought I would have pics for you guys today, but I forgot to bring a camera with me to Chicago, and the trip was more to clarify how I would get in by myself if I took the train and walked to the Field. Will have many more pictures hopefully soon.
Therizinosaur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by schnautzr on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:48 am

Lol...sounds like an odd motive for a trip...
schnautzr
Admin

Authority : paleobiology enthusiast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Therizinosaur on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:59 am

Well, my family's schedule is way too packed to make the trips I want, so the last trip was to make sure I could get around by myself. After my next trip, I'll have some pretty good pics of Sue's 10th and the Mammoths & Mastodons exhibits. (I got a sweet new camera)
Therizinosaur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down