The Bone Bed: The Dinosaur Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replace the Grox

Go down

Replace the Grox Empty Replace the Grox

Post by schnautzr Tue May 25, 2010 4:06 am

Okay, I discovered this accidentally-- I don't think it's reversible, but I could be wrong. Actually, reversing it is probably as simple as deleting your pollination file, but I don't like doing that because then you have to wait for everything to download again.

1. Open up your game, and once you've navigated to and communicated with the Grox (this usually requires at least an Interstellar Drive 3)
2. Save the game and close it

3. Navigate to the content package file. In Windows, this is located at C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Data\Spore_Content.package

4. Rename that file to Spore_Content.package.old

5. Load Spore

6. Find the Grox again and talk to them. They should now be some randomly selected creature in your Sporepedia

7. If you don't like what they've become, you can always remove that creature from your Sporepedia and then find and talk to them again

8. ALWAYS remember to rename the content package back to Spore_Content.package -- if you don't, problems will occur, such as not being able to visit your home colony, not being able to advance to the tribal game, not being able to add non-CC/non-bot legs and arms, and probably a plethora of other problems. The one good part I've found though is that file contains all the Maxis creations...if only there was a way to remove them from it!

9. Let me know if this doesn't work for you

My Grox are now all Eothoracosaurus, woot!
schnautzr
schnautzr
Admin

Authority : paleobiology enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum